Saturday, August 9, 2008

Guns Peform Raw Deal





The Guns of Sipokni performed a brand new skit called "Raw Deal" Friday evening August 8th, 2008. Patrons probably thought the poor cowboy on the end with the stagecoach shotgun in "his" end was the one that was going to get the "raw deal" but as it turns out that's just not what took place. You wanna know what the "end" result was? Well, guess you'll just have to show up at Sipokni West and watch for yourself.

Raw Deal was a delightful reenactment and the group had a wonderful and fun time putting it on for the crowd. As it is with Carol and myself, we are polar opposities when it comes to performing gunfights. Gunfights wind me up so bad I can't sleep and gunfights relax Carol so much she can sleep. So, it shoudn't have come as a surprise to me ,when I asked Carol how she slept the night before, she said "like a baby". Wish I could've said that.

That morning, the morning after the gunfight that wound me up, Carol and I went garage sale sailing. We did pretty well buying three belts, two shirts, and a pair of ladies lace up boots...and all will pass as gunfighting wardrobe.

The Return of the Old West Roundup is coming up soon and the Guns of Sipokni will be putting a lot of gunsmoke in the air that day. The Roundup will happen on August 30th, 2008 at Sipokni West Old West Movie Town.

See ya there pardners.

No comments: